- 2014/34/UE ATEX Directive: main news for mechanical equipment and for assemblies in explosive atmospheres; comparison with ATEX 94/9/CE.
- IECEx mechanical certification: opportunities and new markets.
- ATEX & IECEx: compliance for non-electrical equipment and assemblies.
- Reference technical standards:
- EN 13463-1:2009: Non-electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres – Part 1: Basic method and requirements.
- EN ISO 80079-36:2016: Non-electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres – Part 36: Basic method and requirements.
- EN ISO 80079-37:2016: Non-electrical equipment for explosive atmospheres – Part 37: Non-electrical type of protection constructional safety ‘’c’’, control of ignition sources ‘’b’’, liquid immersion ‘’k’’
- Main requirements and differences between standards.
- Marking examples of mechanical equipment
- Assemblies: main requirements and marking
- ATEX risk analysis of mechanical equipment and assemblies.
- Performing ignition risk assessments of equipment and assemblies (worked example)
Discussion and conclusion:
The course is structured so that discussion and clarification are combined with practical examples and applications.
Eng. Maurizio Toninelli
(Competence certificate IECEx CP INE11.0002)
Teaching materials, certificate of attendance, coffee breaks and lunch.
For more information: